“See with poet’s eyes and the profound beauty of creation will blossom in front of you. What was a mere tree yesterday, becomes a place of centuries of lovers’ vows, a rainy day the nurturing and loving touch of nature. If only more could see the world like this, wars would seize, and love rule our days.”
Modern research shows that poetry can have profound effects on our mental health. There have been measurable improvements in Alzheimer’s and age-related dementia as well as the suspected strong effects in prolonging the onset of age-related dementia.
In this course you will learn:
- Typical tools of poetry
- How to write your own poetry
- How to help others to write poetry
- How to work with seniors on poetry
- How to read poetry
- Grammatical rules of poetry
- How to use the community tools of Yogamu
This course is for caregivers and all that want to bring a new and amazing tool of loving care into their lives.
- Self-paced online course (mobile apps on Android and iOS are available)
- 2 workshops of 2 hours each (if you can’t make it, you may utilize the recordings)
- 8 meetings of practice hours in a group setting ( if you can’t make it, you may utilize the recordings – these meetings are purely optional but FUN! You will get to write poetry with fellow caregivers)